Values 365 D14
Values are instilled in everyone and they are all different. These are the things that make us tick. The things that are important to us. Sometimes our values contradict what we are really after in life. Sometimes we need to look a bit deeper to make sure they are not doing this. For instance, if your #1 value is be successful and you spend all your time doing the things that will make this happen; sacrificing your health, relationships and happiness. When you become successful and you are unhealthy, divorced and miserable, would these consequences be worth the success?
I would guess no and yes that’s a wild example but it does happen. So let’s look at the values:
1. What has been the most important thing in life so far?
Notice the “has been” part of this question. Looking back on how you value things will give you an idea about what you might be doing wrong. Sometimes we make a list but the #1 really isn’t at all. When I looked at my past behavior I saw that acceptance was really what I valued in the past. (Still do) but this guy had to move down a notch or two…
2. Where do you want to go? (Remember When, Rediscover What Matters, Dream A Little Dream)
3. What do your values need to be in order for you to get what you want?
Here is my list and a little of the why behind it:
- Gratitude – when my heart is full, I feel like I can take on the world and it brings on HAPPINESS and LOVE
- Health – when I eat right, exercise and take care of myself I have ENERGY-this is needed to make things happen
- Faith- I feel connected to something way bigger than me giving me CONFIDENCE & ABUNDANCE
- Growth- learning from others, books, seminars give me tools to make me more SUCCESSFUL and I usually have FUN
- Being the best me – allows me to be PASSIONATE, LEAD, CONTRIBUTE and gain ACCEPTANCE