“Rejection does not mean you are not good enough; it means the other person failed to see what you have to offer”. Mark Amend
It hurts, deep, depending on how much you are invested. There are people that thrive on it! Love it so much that they put themselves out there as much as possible to make it happen! Then there are others that it is tremendously devastating if they are rejected. They avoid putting themselves out there with just the fear of rejection. Looking back at the last year of my life, I have discovered that it is not really all that bad… some rejections were better than others but I survived each and every one and it seems the more I am rejected, the easier it is to put myself out there! My last rejection was the hardest to recover from. Unaware that all the following things would be needed during the time of recovery but they very much were needed.
The things that prepare us for rejection:
- Detach from outcome; allow yourself the freedom of peace with whatever happens. This I believe is the most important one! Be ok with whatever happens.
- Have a strong support team. We all need this! No man is an island.
- Back up plans: B & C. What are you going to do if this plan A does not work in your favor. Note: the situation could be a timing issue… therefore there may be no need for plan B or C. You may just need to continue on like before said rejection.
- Know that we are all in the practice stage of life. Yoga, Medical, Law… Every one of these things comes with the word practice behind it. This may be your first audition or your 125th. We practice and we learn how to get better, we learn our weaknesses, we learn what needs the most attention.
- Accept that it is ok to be sad of the outcome. Sometimes a day, maybe sometimes a week, know that you are not that outcome! You have been brave and honorable!
I encourage you to to keep going after your dreams! To keep trying, to keep failing, learning, growing! To keep living this great beautiful life.
Much Love 💜 Much Life
PS I am just a random girl that has recently relearned these things. They are in my option only. I hope they are useful 💜